Senior Website Developer
Seventy9 is looking for a motivated individual to join its expanding web team. Working closely with other members of the team, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the right mix of experience, intelligence and enthusiasm which will be required to succeed in this fast moving role.
Skills and experience
Applicants should possess a minimum of 3 years' experience working in a similar role supporting the development of dynamic, CMS driven and e-commerce websites and web applications using the following skills and technologies:
- PHP - Object oriented and procedural. Development, bug fixing and troubleshooting
- VB and C# .NET - Bug fixing and troubleshooting of legacy sites
- MySQL/MariaDB - Set up, SQL, backup/restore, PHPMyAdmin or equivalent
- Microsoft SQL Server - Maintaining software/services
- IIS - Add/remove accounts and configuring settings
- Apache - Configuration of service and modules
- Linux - Maintaining packages, software, firewall configuration, SSH, shell scripting
- Windows Server - OS and software installation/maintenance
- DNS - Setting up and configuring zones, adding/removing/modifying all types of records
- WHM/cPanel - All aspects of maintaining accounts, databases, FTP, email and related services
- Plesk - All aspects of maintaining accounts, databases, FTP, email and related services
- General Workstation PC/Mac IT skills
- Networking - Routers, switches, hubs, LAN/WAN, DHCP, protocols and diagnostic tools
The successful applicant will be driven to getting the most out of web technologies, working at the forefront of the industry and have the personality and passion to inspire those around them. The successful applicant will be working within a team of web developers ensuring projects are delivered to the highest standards and client expectations are exceeded.
The role includes assisting development of new projects and the maintenance of existing code. You will be involved in the full life cycle of a web project, from initial conceptualisation, through specification, development, testing and launch. The successful applicant will also be expected to develop their own understanding and desire to adopt new technologies.
Applicants must be highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals with a desire to progress their career in this fast moving industry. You should be highly organised and be equally comfortable working individually or in a development team.
You should have a genuine passion for the web and emerging trends and technologies within the industry and you should inspire other developers, account handlers and designers to utilise their skills to transform client visions in to leading-edge web applications.
Good written and verbal communication skills are important, as is the ability to work within and contribute to a small yet rapidly growing and ambitious business.