Seventy9 is looking for a motivated individual to join its expanding web team. Working closely with other members of the team, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the right mix of experience, intelligence, enthusiasm and problem-solving skills that are required to succeed in this fast-moving role.
The ideal applicant will be a developer with PHP skills that encompass all aspects of the language, has an agile mindset and is happy to pick up new technologies and ways of doing things. You should be open to using off-the-shelf solutions and competent enough to write code where needed to ensure the development of efficient and robust production-ready sites.
This is also a potential leadership role in the short term, where your skills and experience will be needed to manage the team and assist where necessary. This aspect of the job is something we would like the applicant to be aspiring to within the overall role on offer.
Skills and Experience
Applicants should have experience working in a similar role supporting the development of dynamic, CMS driven and ecommerce websites and web applications including brochure and full ecommerce WordPress websites.
Knowledge and experience in the following skills and technologies is required:
- PHP - 5.x to 8.x, object oriented and procedural. Development, debugging and troubleshooting
- WordPress - Theme and plugin development, installation, and modification. Site optimisation and cleaning up inherited client sites.
- Version Control – Git and GitHub usage, understanding and experience.
- MySQL/MariaDB - Set up, SQL, backup/restore, ORM, phpMyAdmin or equivalent.
- WHM/cPanel - All aspects of maintaining accounts, databases, FTP, email and related services.
- General Workstation Windows PC experience.
The successful applicant will be driven to getting the most out of web technologies, working at the forefront of the industry and have the personality and passion to inspire those around them. The successful applicant will be working within a team of web developers ensuring projects are delivered to the highest standards and client expectations are exceeded.
The role includes assisting development of new projects and the maintenance of existing code. You will be involved in the full life cycle of a web project, from initial conceptualisation, through specification, development, testing and launch. The successful applicant will also be expected to develop their own understanding and desire to adopt new technologies.
We have coding style guidelines and documented procedures for a consistent set of development methods across our projects that you will be expected to embrace and contribute to.
Applicants must be highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals with a desire to progress their career in this fast-moving industry. You should be highly organised and be equally comfortable working individually or in a development team.
You should have a genuine passion for the web and emerging trends and technologies within the industry and you should inspire other developers, account handlers and designers to utilise their skills to transform client visions into leading-edge web applications.
Good written and verbal communication skills are important, as is the ability to work within and contribute to a small yet rapidly growing and ambitious business.
What we offer?
- A competitive basic salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular wage and performance reviews alongside personal career/development plans.
- Flexible working from the office and remote working - we want the right person for the job and are happy to adapt for the successful applicant accordingly, dependent on their personal circumstances. Office days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Seventy9 was established over 18 years ago and has a client base of over 200 active businesses. We are a team of highly skilled and motivated 'creative techie types' and opportunities to progress your career with us as the business continues to expand will be plentiful.